Monday, January 30, 2017

~Caring for the Aged~


Loving my job.......it's a delight to get up and go to work....I feel privileged and humbled by it every day.

I spend my days caring for the aged.  A job that is so very rewarding and a delight.  Recently while visiting with a sweet gentleman he was telling me stories of his youth and how he met the love of his life.  His story was so animated and full of emotion, with memories that seemed liked yesterday to him.  The details were clear and his eyes shone with joy at its telling.  If that's not rewarding, then I don't know what is.

They each have their own stories to tell and it just takes someone to listen to remind them their life is interesting and important.  Sometimes I find as children of aged parents, we ourselves forget to listen to them,  I mean really listen.  I myself have been guilty of this because life gets busy, with families of our own, and jobs and friends.  Too soon they are gone and we are left asking ourselves....why didn't I make more time.

 In a world so full of technology, we have forgotten the simple art of conversation.  To look someone in the eyes and listen to what they have to say, no matter if it is trivial or unimportant, if it's important enough for them to want to tell us, then it should be important enough for us to listen.
I hope one day when its time for me to be cared for, that someone takes the time to listen to me and my tales of my life.

Look out for those who are aged in your life, talk to them, listen to them, offer them your undivided attention, but most of all, don't forget about them.  Take time out of your life, it doesn't have to be a
lot, just a few minutes, can make their day.

Remember age catches up with all of us and we will soon enough be in their shoes.  Would you like to be forgotten........



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸