Sunday, January 1, 2017

~Reflections of Life~



           I have had a very slack year where this blog is concerned but a very busy one with RL.   I have stopped posting to my fb page Shabby Prim Delights, as I no longer have the time to spend searching Pinterest for pictures and while I am no longer active on it I have left it up for others to use the images for inspiration.

          Well, firstly the reason for no time anymore....is...drum roll..... I now finally have a job.  After 4 years of looking and applying and the hundreds of rejections and the hundreds of more 'no replies' I am now working as an aged carer for a wonderful company who care as much for their staff as they do their clients.  I get up looking forward to my work day where my jobs are varied as are my wonderful clients.  I can be doing anything from Walking/washing a beloved pet, to a few hours shopping, a quiet chat, and coffee, some light housework or a drive to the park.  The stories of the past are varied and delightful.  Growing old is not easy, nor is it one any of us looks forward to...me included, but I hope that myself and others like me help make it a little easier, and a little happier.

        My relationship with my birth family continues to grow and move forward.  With each visit, I learn a little more of them, and them me.  It's very comfortable each visit, with no awkwardness and its like I have known them a lifetime and not the few short years.  I visited the beginning of  December and will be returning in January for my sister Michelle's (M3) 50th Birthday.  On a sadder note, one of my other sisters has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has begun her battle with the dreaded disease.  She is way braver than I could ever hope to be and has always a positive thought.  I have no doubt she will win this battle purely on determination and sarcasm.  My only wish is that I could be by her side every step of the way, but as that is not possible I instead keep her in my thoughts and my heart.

            This will hve to do for now other than to wish you all a Happy and Wonderful  New Year from my family to yours.






post signature

2 comments:

  1. A very happy new year to you, Michelle. It sounds as though promising things are on the horizon and I'm so glad you have found a job that is such a good fit. I wish you continued success on your journey with your birth family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jeanie, your kind words are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸